Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 16 Update

Wednesday on the way to the regular meetings I got a phone call from a woman in our church.  There was a woman from a nearby village that had come to her house to ask the believers come to her village to start a church.  Even though it would be late, I told her we'd be there that evening.  After the regular meetings we went, and she was so happy to see us that she cried.  She had been saved some years before, but just recently moved to that village where there was no church.  She had missed church so much that she road the school bus to our village to see if we would come.  (She had to walk back home).  That night there were about five of the neighbors that came and listened as we sang, and then preached about the prodigal son.  They all said they wanted to be believers.  We agreed to come back Friday afternoon.  

Friday there were about ten people gathered.  They all said they wanted to be believers; that's why they came.  I preached from Romans chapter ten about how a man can be saved.  Before I could finish there was one woman that interrupted me three times saying, "Tell us, how can I be saved".  She thought she couldn't be saved because she couldn't read or write, and didn't know any prayers.  After I preached the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, I told her just to call on the Lord.  "That much I CAN do!", she said.  We had prayer, and each adult prayed with a loud voice, asking God to save them.  Pray for this little group.  Lord willing, we'll go back every Friday.

From Bulgaria,
Zachary LeFevre

No comments:

Post a Comment